Thank you very much for allowing iJourney Travel to handle your vacation plans. We appreciate that you placed your trust in us. Our goal is to make your vacation experience a great one so that we can do business for years to come. We also love, Love, LOVE to see vacation pictures especially ones of you and your friends/family, your cabin and something amazing from your cruise, so please feel free to email us at JiMMie@iJourneyTravel.com when you return and attach a few for us.
Now that you have completed your on-line check-in, have your bags all packed and are mentally already on the ship we wanted to share some helpful tips & tricks of the trade with you.
| Adult Beverages | Wine/Champagne | Health/Special Needs | Natural Anti Sea Sickness Remedies | Scooters | Credit Cards | Cell Phones | Luggage Tags | Embarkation Photos | Next Cruise Bookings | Order/Renew Passports | Check/Order a Visa | ALL Cruise Lines Deck Plans | ALL Cruise Lines On-line Check-in websites |
- Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises) On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages i.e. soda & water on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less (un-opened). ) – click here for some cool bags to protect your favorite bottle of grapes. Most cruise lines DO NOT allow you to bring a cork screw on to the ship, however if you ask your room steward they may be able to provide you with one during the cruise.
- If you are a diabetic, many cruise lines will store your insulin for you at the Guest Services Desk as they do not recommend storage in the mini refrigerators as they do not keep it at the proper cooling tempeture click here or here for some cool…get it…cool insulin travel refrigerators.
- If you or someone you know is in need of a scooter to rent or other durable medical equipment for an up-coming cruise we recommend Special Needs at Sea
- We always call our credit card companies to advise them that we will be on vacation and we list the countries and dates that we will be there so that they don’t flag our account and reject any purchases that we may make.
- We always call our cell phone company and order international calling plans for the countries that we will be visiting. we also add unlimited text and data which they will prorate for the few days or weeks that we need the plans. This is much cheaper than paying for international roaming and we use the texting while on the ship and in the ports to communicate with my friends and family which is a much lower cost than calling them.
- If you are flying you should always print at least two (2) extra luggage tags per luggage and keep them in your carry on or purse just in case the airport luggage handlers pull one off. You can help to avoid the tag being easly pulled off by using clear box tape on both sides to secure the tag.
- You should ALWAYS purchase the embarkation photo. This is a great idea not only a nice momento of your trip but it also allows for proof that you were on that ship (which may be helpful for future past guest discounts).
- Don’t forget to ask about booking your next cruise while on this one, many cruise lines offer substantial discounts and or bonuses like free upgrades and/or OBC’s (On Board Credit’s) for booking your next cruise with them. Also don’t forget to tell them that we are your travel agent this way we can try to add to the bonuses that they are giving you.
- Click here to order a new or to renew your exsting Passport.
- Click here to see if a visa is required or to order one for your upcoming cruise.
- Click here to see a complete list of ALL cruise lines, their ships and deck plans for each ship.
Here is a list of Cruise Lines On-line Check-in websites:
| AMA Waterways | Avalon Waterways | Azamara Club Cruises | Carnival | Celebrity | Compagnie du Ponant Yacht | Costa | Crystal | Cunard | Disney Cruise Line | Holland America | MSC | Norwegian | Oceania | Paul Gauguin | Princess | Regent Seven Seas | Royal Caribbean | Seabourn | SeaDream Yacht Club | Silversea | Uniworld Boutique River | Viking River | Viking Ocean | Voyages to Antiquity | Windstar Cruises |
If there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us. If you know of anyone who might need our assistance please feel free to forward this email along. We consider referrals a compliment and will take great care of them!
The referenced links contained within this email are not endorsements of any kind and are my own personal recommendations or recommendations from other customers. Please check with your cruise line directly for any restrictions to their policies about bringing anything on-board other than clothing and personal items. Also if any of the above links are “dead” or if they take you to a page which we did not intend we cannot be held responsible in any way.
“Suggested” letter for traveling with a minor when both parents are NOT traveling.
Below you will find a “suggested” letter for traveling with a minor where a signed notarized letter is required from the absent parent. IMPORTANT: this needs to be typed NOT hand written and I would print (3) copies and have all 3 notarized. I would present one at the pier to Homeland Security during embarkation, keep one in the safe in my cabin and keep the third copy on my person.
I (absent parent) hereby authorize (traveling parent) to take my child (child’s full name) on a cruise with (cruise line, ship & sail date). I also authorize (traveling parent) to make full medical decisions on my behalf.
i.e. – I (Jane Smith) hereby authorize (John Smith) to take my child (Jake Smith) on a cruise with (Carnival Cruise Lines, on the Glory from 12/22/2018 thru 12/29/2018). I also authorize (John Smith) to make full medical decisions on my behalf.